Monday, September 28, 2020

Final Pool Update - Congratulations Jeff Gatland!

Jeff Gatland enters the annals of pool history as the third two-time champion or co-champion, with Jacob deGrom's 10 Ks on Saturday sealing the deal. 


Jeff and Sid Harris were co-winners in 2012, leaving them as (I guess) 1 1/2 time champions, while Jud remains the only two-time undisputed champion in pool history. 

Speaking of Jud, sorry I was unable to do as good a job as he usually does breaking things down in the final weekend. Jud and I are co-founders of the pool, but the last few years it's been 99% him. Thanks again to Jud for his tireless efforts in making this thing interesting every year. 

I'll wrap up a little more in a later email. In fact, I'm not certain the HBP numbers are correct below (my anti-virus scrubbed the macros Brian Wells created for the updates, so I've been doing this manually). However, it clearly did not come down to HBP this year, with Jeff correctly predicting two more categories than his closest competitors. 

Speaking of Brian Wells, I guess it's not 99% Jud, nor is it even 1% me until this week, because Brian's Excel wizardry has made Jud's life much easier. Thanks again to Brian, and thanks to everyone for participating. 





No comments:

Post a Comment